Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) In Johns Creek
Conditions HBOT Effectively Treats
- Autism and ADHD: People who live with ASD and ADHD experience a reduction of blood flow to the brain during certain tasks, such as determining a correct thought process to complete a task, socially, or emotionally.
- Stress and Depression: More than six million people in the U.S. have clinical depression or anxiety, which means about six million people suffer from dysfunction between neural circuits that cause cognitive and emotional disturbances.
- Diabetes and Diabetic Wounds: Diabetes can lead to poor circulation because of the unregulated blood sugar levels. Diabetic wounds are often caused because the nerves in the wound are damaged, which delays the mind’s response time to heal the wound itself.
- Arthritis: Typically caused by inflamed cartilage tissue, arthritis pain can be felt in nearly any joint in the body. The tissue around the joint rubs against the bone, which can cause debilitating pain and immobility. Inflammation typically occurs because the body part is not receiving enough direct blood flow.
- Stroke: A stroke is typically caused when blood flow to the brain is interrupted or cut off completely. This can cause severe brain damage, which can impact how the rest of the body functions subsequently.
- Wound Care: The three primary reasons a wound won’t heal on its own are poor circulation, fluid buildup, and infection. If any of these three characteristics are present in the body, you will experience delayed natural healing.
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI): One can get a traumatic brain injury in many different ways, including an opened or closed head injury, chemical or toxic injury, tumor, stroke, hypoxia, and infection to name a few.
- Parkinson’s: This movement disability can impair speech and motor skills, causing the body to tremor or muscles to be rigid. It is caused by the deterioration of nerve cells in the brain that prevent the brain from producing healthy levels of dopamine.
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD): One of the most unique and challenging disorders of our time, PTSD can affect any person of any age because of any reason. However, it is all concentrated in the brain as people experience flashbacks, negative feelings, hyperarousal, and more because of intense stress.
- Concussion: A concussion is another brain injury. Usually caused by impact, concussions can be minor and heal after a few weeks or can be quite major and cause life-changing neural patterns.
- Effects of Aging: One of the most notable signs of aging is a change in skin. What was once tight and wrinkle-free, aged skin often shows wrinkles and collagen because of chronic UV radiation that damages skin cells.
- Sports Injury: Athletes are susceptible to injury despite being physically active. The intense levels of activity can cause minor or major injuries. Unfortunately, any type of injury can keep an athlete away from their sport until it is properly healed.
What you may notice each of these conditions or diseases has in common is a lack of blood flow, an injury, or a neuron issue. Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy treats these conditions because it corrects both of these issues. Not only does HBOT add more oxygen to your system, but it then helps move the fully oxygenated cells throughout the body, especially to the injured, diseased, or dysfunctional part, to expedite natural healing.
Learn more about HBOT and get a free initial consultation today.